What can I do to help with efforts to raise awareness and affect decisions about the Shelby parcel?
Stay informed about the Shelby issues.
- You can link to these articles, .pdfs and other materials on this Website about the Shelby development project:
Steve Ferry’s op-ed piece in the Santa Barbara Audubon Society’s newsletter
City of Goleta EIRs on the Shelby project
Cherie Topper’s Powerpoint presentation to the League of Women Voters’ forum on Goleta growth; LWV-SB has provided a link to the .pdf of the excellent presentation.
- You can check this Web site regularly for updates. We will be updating our blog (news) section.
- You can contact one of our organizers to obtain additional information: StopShelby@cox.net.
- You can provide us with your email address and we will send you updates and information on this project. Contact us for updates.
- Visit the Earth Day booths, the Public Square section, adjacent to Ancapa Street, of the Citizens’ Planning Association, the League of Women Voters, and the Santa Barbara Audubon Society for information about the Shelby project.
Provide written comments expressing your misgivings regarding the Shelby project to the City of Goleta’s City Council. See sample letter and email addresses of City Council members below.
Attend City of Goleta Planning Commission and City Council meetings and provide oral comments on the Shelby project. We will keep everyone apprised of meeting times and places via this Web site and through email messages.
Talk to your neighbors and friends about the Shelby issues.
Make a tax-deductible, deductible to the extent allowed by law, donation to the Shelby Foothills Coalition, which will help us with our legal and communication costs.
- You can contribute via PayPal at our Donate page. That will take you to the SBCAN/Shelby Foothills Coalition donation page. SBCAN is a 501(c)(3) and contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- You can write a check to SBCAN, which is providing financial services to the Coalition, with “Shelby Foothills Coalition” in the memo line, and mail it to Executive Director Ken Hough, 1553 Eagle Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454.